Tri-Hart/Middlesex Swimming Triathlon Clinic (St Mary’s Quarry)
Hosted by the Tri Hart Triathlon Team & Middlesex Swimming. Sanctioned and insured by Triathlon Ontario.
Targeted for beginner and intermediate triathletes (ages 14 & up)
Ideal for beginners who want to gain more confidence in open water, on the bike, or while running off the bike.
For intermediate and experienced triathletes, a great chance to pick up some helpful tips and feedback from professional coaches/triathletes, and bank a great day of training.
All participants will receive a swim cap.
425 Water Street South, St. Mary’s, Ontario N4X 1C6, Canada
Phone Number: 519-284-3090
Park at the site.
Washroom facilities available.
Online registration closes at 9pm June 28th.
No event day registration. No offline registration.
Registration includes single-day Triathlon Ontario insurance.
Refund policy: Please note that our event offers no refunds, no deferrals, no transfers. No exceptions.
Mandatory Items to bring:
- bike in good working order
- running shoes
- cycling shoes (if you use clipless pedals)
- proper attire for swimming, biking, and running. Extra clothing in case of rain and/or cool weather
- two water bottles (one filled with water and the other with sport drink)
- lunch and snacks
Please Note: Participants should bring additional snacks.
Helpful Items To Bring (but not mandatory):
- tinted goggles
- two towels (one to dry off, and one to use during Transition Practice)
- sport watch and/or gps device
- cycling gloves
- elastic laces on running shoes
- July 20 09:00 PM EDT – Online Registration Closes
- July 23 09:00 AM EDT – Arrive, Set-up Gear, Bike Check
- July 23 09:15 AM EDT – Introduction
- July 23 09:30 AM EDT – Open Water Swim (starts, skills, safety tips, sighting, navigation, drafting, tactics)
- July 23 10:45 AM EDT – Snack and Change to bike gear
- July 23 11:00 AM EDT – Bike (easy to moderate) surround the quarry (Tri a Tri to Sprint Distance)
- July 23 01:00 PM EDT – Q and A discussion during Nutrition Break
- July 23 01:30 PM EDT – Transition Practice and Interval Brick Run (easy to moderate effort) surround the quarry (Tri a Tri to Sprint Distance)
- July 23 02:45 PM EDT – Wrap-Up
Coaches and Event Organizers
· Sheila Treleaven, 1991 Pan American Games Competitor for Team Canada in Swimming. 12 Time National Medalist, NCAA Div1 Scholarship athlete, TCU Female Athlete of the Year, 2015 Ironman 70.3 World Championships competitor, NCCP Certified
· Gallacher Paterson-Junior Elite and U23 ITU International Triathlon Competitor, 2014 Age Group World Triathlon Championships competitor, NCCP certified
· Lee Hart, High Performance Triathlon Coach, coached ITU National Champion, 3 Provincial Champions, placed 4 athletes on Canadian National Triathlon Team, 4 National Age Group Champions, 15 Age Group World Championship Qualifiers. Qualified for 9 Age Group World Triathlon Championships. NCCP Certified, Draft Legal Cycling Coach